Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
Applies to: England (see guidance for Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland)
These 12 guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe. Further guidance will be published as more businesses are able to reopen.
There is different guidance for educational and childcare settings and public transport operators.
You must not reopen if your business is closed under current government rules. Check if your business or venue can open.
1. 5 steps to working safelyPractical actions for businesses to take based on 5 main steps.
2. Close contact servicesGuidance for people who provide close contact services, including hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, tattooists, sports and massage therapists, dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers.
3. Construction and other outdoor workGuidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
4. Factories, plants and warehousesGuidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
5. Heritage locationsGuidance for people who work or volunteer in heritage locations.
6. Hotels and other guest accommodationGuidance for people who work in or run hotels and other guest accommodation
7. Labs and research facilitiesGuidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
8. Offices and contact centresGuidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
9. Other people's homesGuidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people's homes.
10. Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway servicesGuidance for people who work in or run restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes or takeaways.
11. Shops and branchesGuidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
12. VehiclesGuidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.