Airport World - Staff Reporter
Becoming carbon neutral and looking to increase investment in renewable technologies are two of the improvements Edinburgh Airport has made as it publishes its annual report.
The airport’s sustainability report for 2021 comes a year after the launch of its Greater Good strategy and measures progress made against the four pillars contained within.
The past year has seen the airport:
- Becoming carbon neutral for Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions
- Beginning the process of switching airside vehicles fuel from diesel to hydro-treated vegetable oil
- Continuing to buy 100% of our electricity from renewable sources
- Progressing an 11-acre solar farm on the airfield
- Achieving Level 3 status with the Airport Carbon Accreditation scheme, meaning analysis and reporting of all emissions data has been externally verified
- Launching a supplier’s sustainability pledge