The Office of Future Mobility and Electrification and Gerald R. Ford International Airport Authority
Ford Launchpad for Innovative Technologies and Entrepreneurship (FLITE) programme in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
This programme provides grants and testing opportunities to companies focused on bringing emerging airport and mobility technology solutions to market.
The Office of Future Mobility and Electrification and Gerald R. Ford International Airport Authority has introduced the Ford Launchpad for Innovative Technologies and Entrepreneurship (FLITE), with support of Southwest Airlines, Stantec GenerationAV and the West Michigan Aviation Academy. The platform provides grants as well as live environment testing opportunities to companies focused on bringing emerging airport and mobility technology solutions to market.
FLITE has successfully executed twelve projects and is looking for new companies in your network. If you know of a company that falls under the six core focus areas listed below that could benefit from this program, we’d love for them to apply for Round IV of grant funding and project execution.
Six Core Focus Areas include:
- Automation & Analytics: Improving operational efficiency and optimization of workforce and other resources through automation and analysis of data.
- Safety & Security: Strengthening passenger and worker safety and security throughout the airport campus.
- Enhanced Guest Experience: Improving the pre-boarding experience.
- Sustainability: Switching fossil fuel vehicles and infrastructure to electrics and other decarbonization projects.
- Door to Door Experience: Improving the experience and efficiency of getting to and from the airport.
- Advancing Aviation: Exploring the enabling infrastructure and implications of emerging commercial aviation use cases.
- To apply please use the application link.
- to discuss framing up possible projects which can be arranged by emailing email@example.com to coordinate.
- Applications for Round IV are due June 30, 2023.