Spokesperson says 12 incoming flights affected during almost hour-long suspension due to alert
Incoming flights were suspended at Gatwick airport for almost an hour on Sunday after reports of a drone near the airfield.
Gatwick said 12 incoming flights had to be diverted to other airports because of the alert.
The airport previously cancelled or diverted about 1,000 flights over a three-day period in December 2018 as a result of drone reports. No culprit was found, and there was criticism over the amount of time it took for the runway at the West Sussex airport to reopen.
A Gatwick spokesperson was unable to say whether a drone had been discovered after the latest reported sighting.