Simple Flying -  Gaurav Joshi

The airport has taken several green initiatives recently to work towards its goals of net-zero emissions by 2030.

Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has become the first in the country to rely on hydro and solar power completely. The airport has been pushing ahead with green reforms for a while now, gradually distancing itself from traditional methods of operations and setting up targets for a zero-emissions future.

For now, IGI is sourcing around 6% of its electricity requirement from onsite solar power plants and the remaining 94% from hydropower plants. While there are other airports in India that use renewable sources of energy, Delhi has been the first to rely on them completely since June 1st.

Full Article