Sets out our proposed approach and principles to reach net zero aviation by 2050.
Our ambition is to:
- decarbonise aviation in a way that preserves the benefits of air travel
- maximise the opportunities that decarbonisation can bring
We are proposing a suite of policies to support industry to reduce and, where possible, eliminate carbon dioxide emissions from aviation. These policies span 5 different measures that aim to:
- improve the efficiency of our aviation system
- accelerate the development and deployment of sustainable aviation fuels
- support the development of zero emission flight
- ensure we use markets to drive down emissions in the most cost-effective way
- influence the behaviour of consumers
The consultation will inform the final jet zero strategy.
The full consultation can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/achieving-net-zero-aviation-by-2050 . Any questions on the consultation are best directed to NZaviationconsultation@dft.gov.uk