A previous winner of NCEs Future of Airports in 2019, Ocean 3D Ltd has again been shortlisted by The New Civil Engineer TechFest Awards. The awards recognise and reward those projects, teams and companies doing most to harness technologies that drive the construction and civil engineering industry forward. A one-day festival of innovation and technology, it is a thought provoking, immersive gathering designed to stimulate the brightest minds in civil engineering and construction.
Ocean 3Ds' entry is a finalist in the category of "Best Use of Technology: Health, Safety & Wellbeing" This category recognises teams using technology to improve health, safety and wellbeing. This may focus on one or all areas of health, safety and wellbeing but should have measurable impact on the workforce and individuals with the technology at the centre of driving that the change.
"Since winning the NCE Future of Airports competition in 2019 with our low-cost accessibility and autism/ mental-health friendly approach to 360° tours that can be accessed by anyone with a Wi-Fi or 4G connection on a smart-phone, tablet or Desktop, we have gone one to create tours for a number of well known names and organisations. Our interactive tours are extremely versatile and not only offer low cost high impact solutions to many of the 1:6 people in the UK who report some form of mental health problem every week in the UK (Source MIND.org ) but are also widely used for marketing, emergency planning, facilities management and, may be a requirement under Equality Act Legislation as well according to the opinion of International renowned legal firm, Doughty Street Chambers.
- Atkins - Revitalization of Tsui Ping River
- DataScope Systems - DataScope Digital Permits
- Eurovia Infrastructure - AVUS - Augmented visualisation of underground services
- Network Rail - Digitised lineside inspections
- Ocean3D.co.uk - Using interactive tours for accessibility, inclusion and health and safety training
- Paperless Construction - Digitising HSE Compliance management
- Stantec - The London Fire Flow System
- Teknobuilt - Revolutionizing digital systems for health, safety & environment
- Vision Survey - HS2 - Trial
Ocean 3Ds' recent aviation interactive 360° contracts include:
- The Story of a Satellite exhibition at Spaceport Cornwall in association with Cornwall Council, Virgin Orbit and Goonhilly Earth Station
- The Penzance terminal and AW 139 helicopter link to The Isles of Scilly
- The new £multi-million check-in desks and baggage system at Stansted
- A regional and International airport project in Texas, USA.
The NCE TechFest Awards 2021 will have a panel of judges representing leading clients and organisations in the engineering and construction industry. The judges will review your entry online before discussing together who the winner should be. Some categories will be judged LIVE at the festival with all decisions resting solely with our experts.