Gerald R Ford International Airport yesterday raised a ceremonial beam to celebrate its $110 million expansion of Concourse A to accommodate passenger growth.
The expansion of Concourse A is part of the Elevate programme, which has designated nearly $500 million in infrastructure investments to improve the guest experience while positioning the Airport for continued growth.
The expansion will:
• More than double the current capacity of Concourse A by adding eight new gates for a total of 15
• Widen the 66-foot concourse to 120 feet and lengthen it by 510 feet for a total of more than 900 feet.
• Increase the number and variety of food and beverage options by introducing a marché, or market-style open concept area featuring regionally inspired cuisine, along with other vendor spaces
• Add an executive lounge on an elevated level overlooking Concourse A
• Provide a greater variety of seating options to accommodate guest needs, including tables, pods and soft seating options offered by West Michigan manufacturers
• Take advantage of natural lighting and the views to create a visually pleasing and energy-efficient space