Construction Enquirer - Grant Prior
The latest investment plans for Manchester Airport have been given the green light with Mace on board to manage the work.
The second phase of the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme will see £440m invested in the remainder of Terminal 2 being modernised and a second pier built.
Phase two will double the size of the existing departure lounge, with a wider selection of shops and food and drink outlets. It will also involve the construction of an additional security hall, fitted with next-generation security scanners.
Jacobs will be the principal designer for airfield works, delivering a new dual taxiway system to improve airfield efficiency with flexible aircraft stands.
Vanderlande has been appointed as principal contractor the baggage systems.
Other key appointments include;
- Pascall and Watson, as principal architects;
- Turner & Townsend, as cost Ccnsultants;
- Buro Happold, as structural engineer;
- Hoare Lea, as mechanical and electrical consultants;
- Atkins, as aviation security in airport development consultant.