Airports International - Tara Craig
Thirteen companies have been given the go-ahead to bid on a public-private partnership involving Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA) in Barbados.
The companies, all with substantial experience in the aviation sector, will bid on the operation, financing, development and maintenance of airport, GAIA chairman Vic Fernandes announced. It is hoped that the process will identify an experienced airport operator to run GAIA for up to 30 years.
The 13 prequalified bidders are:
- Companhia de Participações em Concessões;
- Corporación Aeroportuaria del Este;
- Corporación Americas Airports;
- DAA International;
- EGIS Projects in consortium with Bouygues Bâtiment International, Jamaica Producers Group Limited, and Eppley Limited;
- Ferrovial Airports International;
- Groupe ADP;
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (GACN);
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico;
- Incheon International Airport Corporation;
- Schiphol Nederland;
- Vantage Airport Group; and
- VINCI Airports in consortium with Williams Industries.