The Heathrow-hosted British-Irish Airports EXPO is biggest UK and Irish annual procurement exhibition and airports conference, providing one of Europe’s main industry platforms for the airports community to gather, share experiences, do business, and strengthen their supply chains.
Suppliers and service providers of all sizes demo their solutions to the industry, alongside the showcasing of £30 billion+ British and Irish airport development projects. Popular exhibits include the all-weather indoor vehicle display area.
BAG exhibited at the Expo as well as hosted a number of Panel Sessions over the two days:
11 June 2019
• 10:00 - 11.00: British Aviation Group Supply Chain Session 1: The Airport Procurement Panel
Chair: Jason Fowler, Gardiner & Theobald and Deputy Chair BAG
o Andy Haynes, Heathrow Airport
o Terry Fitzmaurice, MAG
o Keith Letten, Gatwick
• 12:00 - 13:00: British Aviation Group Supply Chain Session 2: Delivering UK airport security capability
Chair: Clive Wright, Contego Aviation Security and Deputy Chair BAG Security Group
o Rihard Bond, Arup "Threat and Risk + Compliance"
o Sam Evans, Ipsotek " Risk Mitigation"
o Rebecca Carr, Return on Development Ltd "Preparedness, Incident management and business recovery"
• 14:00 - 15:00: British Aviation Group Supply Chain Session 3: What are the new international airport opportunities?
Chair: Shakir Khaja, Arcadis and BAG Business Intelligence Working Group Lead
Participants / Themes:
o Matthew Butters, Pascall+Watson
o Kris Walters, DIT
o Hannah Sallabanks, BAG
12 June 2019
• 10.00-11.00: British Aviation Group: Supply Chain Session 4: The New Equipment & Operations Suppliers Group (EOSG)
Chair: Robin Gill, Cortech Developments and Deputy Chair BAG EOSG
o Simon Branston, Inspired Surfaces “Engineered real wood veneer - An innovative wallcovering”
o Robin Gill, Cortech Developments “A World of Interoperability, Software Solutions for Building, High Security, Fire & Safety Systems”
o Dale Jones, Optex "Advances in detection techniques providing accurate positioning data”
o Len Tyson, LTCG "Feel Safe - Be Safe"
• 14.15 – 15.15: Creating and sharing opportunities for the next generation
British Aviation Group’s Next Gen Group
Chairs: Jacqui Johnson, JCJ consulting, BAG Board Member and Deputy Chair BAG ACG and Diane Burt, Arup and BAG Board member
o Chiara Beltrame, Gensler
o Natalie Westwood, Atkins
o James Sheldon, Arcadis
o Vince Ruane, Cundall
o Pierangelo Di Stefano, Anderson Acoustics
o Alejandro Puebla Neira, Jacobs