Medium-Sized Businesses (MSBs) are major employers and make an important contribution to the growth of the economy. The Department for International Trade provide a special package of support specifically for these businesses. DIT defines a Medium-Sized Business as companies with a turnover of between £25 million and £250 million.
The aim of this service is to help medium-sized businesses to assess their export capability and get started in international trade, or develop their existing export operations further.
How the service works
Support is delivered by DIT’s regional International Trade Teams. Exporters will be assigned local DIT trade experts to work with.
This can include:
- Advice and support from a DIT International Trade Adviser
- Help with developing an export strategy and action plans tailored to MSBs’ needs
- Guidance on routes to market most relevant to MSBs
- Advice on international business culture
- Access to DIT’s global network
- Advice on marketing research projects, including market selection and sources of information
- Support from UK Export Finance (UKEF)
- An Intellectual Property Health check
Companies with a turnover of between £25 million and £250 million are eligible to use the programme. Companies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland should check eligibility with the devolved administrations’ trade and investment organisation.
How to apply
Contact your International Trade Team to apply for the service or to find out more information. A member of the team will be in touch within 5 working days to discuss your needs and the service options which are best suited to you.
For more information on this programme, please visit www.gov.uk/medium-sized-business